Getting started!Create a TeamSync account with your Google account or e-mail address. This enables you to have multiple groups and makes groups more secure. All you have to do is
- Click on the TeamSync Bookmarks icon
- Click "Sign-up with Google" or "Sign-up with Email"
- Start sharing bookmarks!
Joining a groupJoining groups is easy!
- Click on the "Join a Group" button
- Enter the group name and invite code/password that you received
- Click "Join"
- If (editor) shows up next to your name, that means you can add and delete bookmarks from the group
Inviting usersYou can invite users through the app and through email.
- Click on the "Add user" icon to the left of the "Settings" icon next to the TeamSync Bookmarks group name in the app
- Add the emails of the users you want to invite into the text box. Place one email per line
- When you click "Next," users with the emails you provided will be notified with an inviation to your group (Just like the invitation you got for the TEAMSYNC-GETTING-STARTED folder
- If the user doesn't have a TeamSync Bookmarks account, click on "Send Email" on the next screen
- This will open up a pre-filled email that you can send to your invited users
Creating a groupCreating groups is easy!
- Click on the "Create a Group" button
- Name your group
- If needed, create a password (this is optional). If you do not give it a password, anyone can join by typing in your group name
- If the checkbox is marked when you create a group, then you will be the only person who can add or delete bookmarks in your group
- If the checkbox is not marked when you create a group, then anyone you add can add or delete bookmarks in your group
- Click "Create"
Saving a bookmarkYou add bookmarks to a TeamSync Bookmarks folder just like you would to other bookmark folders. Here is the way many users add bookmarks
- Click on the Star located in the right side of the URL bar
- Ensure the "Name" is descriptive enough so that other Group Members know what the bookmark is
- Check that you're saving the Page to the correct folder
Finding your bookmarksTeamSync Bookmarks show up in the "Other Bookmarks" folder in your Bookmarks bar. Sometimes, the "Other Bookmarks" folder isn't visible. That's ok! Just follow these steps to enable it
- Open up your Chrome Settings by clicking the Options Icon (3 vertical dots) in the top right hand corner
- Navigate to the "Bookmarks" option and then click show "Bookmarks Bar"
- Once you "Join a Group" or "Create a Group," the Group Folders will be visible in the "Other Bookmarks" folder in the "Bookmarks Bar"